It’s the end of the year again and many of us are enjoying our holiday vacation from work, school, or business. Short or long, we want to make the most out of our vacation. We made plans yet it seems that we still have a lot of time to spare. This is probably the best time for us to:
- Rest, Relax. This season is the perfect opportunity for us to relax and enjoy the good weather. Many of us lack sleep during regular work and school days and we can get those additional sleep hours and nap times without the repetitive snoozing of our alarms.
- Organize. “Where did I put that accessory my friend gave?”, we ask ourselves. Organizing helps us to sort our stuff and to find them easily whenever needed. There are lot of organizing guides over the internet but I find this guide by Marie Kondo particularly useful. We may also want to clean and organize our closet too. I did this 2 years ago. You’ll be surprised how much stuff you have and how many of them you only used!
- Meet friends. There are friends we wanted to meet but we were not able meet during busy days. This season, I’m planning to reconnect with my friends and enjoy the stories and laughter each one of us has to share. We may also want to meet the friends you truly miss. Invite them over a cup of coffee. 🍵
- Clear an item or two in your bucket list. Can you remember the last time you tick off something from your bucket list? Whether it’s starting a blog or planning for an investment, you now have the leisure time to do it.
- Travel, Explore. It doesn’t have to be far away. There might be places in your area that are new or old but you haven’t visited yet worth exploring. Go to the country side or to the suburbs. Buy food or souvenirs from the locals.
- Read. Since you have a lot of time in transit while travelling, it will be smart to bring a book or two along with you. We can start reading a new book or finishing the books that already acquired dust in our bookshelves. I’m planning to finish this book I bought 2 years ago:
- Upload photos you haven’t. I usually upload photos I took from my digital camera at the end of the year. This is a good timing because social media sites are already doing their year-in-reviews. Our friends might have been looking for that photo of them that you took! Tag them along! 📷
- Spend quality time with your family. Go out with them. Share stories you haven’t told. Ask questions you haven’t asked. Show photos you haven’t showed. Share quality time with them in simple ways.
- Meditate, Pray. Let’s reflect on the things that we did and the things we thankful for this year. What does God telling us to do for the upcoming year? Let’s ask God for wisdom that He will guide us in every step.
We have a lot of time to redeem this season. There are things we planned yet we weren’t able to do. Don’t worry if you won’t be able to do them again. There’s always a next holiday vacation waiting.
“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens” Ecc 3:1
How about you? What are you planning to do this holiday break?